How to Disable Online Activity Status on Instagram to Stop Showing When You’re Using the App on iPhone, iPad
Today we are going to discuss how to turnoff Active status on Instagram to stop showing online to your followers. As you all know that instagram shows your online status to your recent chat contacts when you were last active on the conversation tab.
Most of the users want to hide their profile status to offline for whatever reasons and if you're not able to find this option on your app then you're at the right place to find out how to turn off the active status on the app.
This tutorial was posted on May 2019, we’ll now show you how to do it.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your profile icon in the right bottom corner
- Click on the Triple bar/ Hamburger icon on the top right corner of the app
- This will open the settings page of the app, then click on Privacy and Security
- Then open Activity status tab inside Privacy and settings link
- This link will open the Activity status of your profile, by default it is enabled
- To disable your online status click on the toggle button, which will make your profile active status offline
One side effect of disabling Show Activity Status in Instagram is that Instagram/Facebook has made it so that if you disable the feature you also won’t be able to see other peoples activity status on their accounts.