Google‘s social networking platform Google+ starts offering custom URL’s for the users. Its start to rolling out almost everyone.
Why we need Custom URL?
A custom URL is a short, easy-to-remember web address that links directly to your profile or page.
Techno2know's Google+ page can direct people to google.com/+Techno2know to visit their page rather than http://plus.google.com/101601892014630704582.
Before you can get a custom URL, your account needs to be in good standing and meet the following requirements:
Requirements for getting a custom URL
· 10 or more followers
· Your account is 30 days old or more
· A profile photo
Getting your custom URL through Google+
If you meet the above criteria then you will get a notification that you're eligible for creating custom URL
1. Click on the Get a custom URL button to get started. Alternatively, from the "About" tab on your Profile, click on the "Claim" link located under your Google+ URL.
2. You'll see the URL for which you're approved. You may see more than one option. In this case, select the one that you like best. You may also be asked to add a few numbers or letters to make the custom URL unique to you.
3. Tick the box to agree to the Terms of Service.
4. Click on Change URL.
5. You may be asked to verify your account by mobile phone number. A box will pop up asking you to do so. If you have a verified phone number, skip to step
a. Enter your mobile phone number.
b. Tick the box to make it easier for people who have your phone number to find you on Google services.
c. Check your phone for the code that was sent to you.
d. Enter that code in the box.
e. Click on Verify.
6. Once approved, this URL will be linked to your Google+ page or Profile, so make sure that everything is exactly the way you want it. Once your URL has been approved, you can't request to change it. When you're sure, click on Confirm.
Post a Comment